Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Locale (was Re: [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB?)
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-14 14:25:49

On 14/12/2010 15:53, Dean Michael Berris wrote:

> +1 -- if there was a library that did easy conversion from
> std::wstring (usually the default in Windows now) to proper UTF-8
> encoded std::string in Boost that would be *awesome*. I can totally
> use that library in cpp-netlib too. ;)

My library can do that kind of conversion with arbitrary ranges, and
possibly lazily as it is being iterated.

Artyom's library can probably do it too, but only eagerly and with
contiguous memory segments.

My Unicode library would be in the review queue if people had manifested
sufficient interest, but I was quite disappointed to see none last time
I asked for comments.
I did send a submission to boostcon 2011 about it though, to present its
approach to Unicode and discuss it.