Subject: Re: [boost] [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-14 18:35:42

Hi,
I will only refer to complain on the slow SOCI release schedule.
So, instead of deciding to join an existing project, which N.B. you have used with some degree of success, and help
to speed its release process, help with fixing bugs and propose to add features you are missing, you decide to fork it, tweak it and release it.

This is not how FOSS works to make a project healthy and sustainale in long term. Your observable disappointment about
software here makes me asking, what's next? Boost libraries forked?

Anyways, I'm just disappointed how much FOSS is ego-driven
where it should mean collaboration. Just pity.

Regards,

--
Mateusz Łoskot, http::/mateusz.loskot.net
(Sent from my mobile)