Subject: Re: [boost] [icl] Permission to merge to release branch
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-15 16:10:26

2010/12/15 Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]>:
> On 15 December 2010 18:04, Joachim Faulhaber <afojgo_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Interval Containers [Boost.Icl] are release ready now. It passes the
>> regression tests on boost/trunk
>
> Can you mark the compilers you aren't supporting in
> 'status/explicit-failures-markup.xml'? It'll help us to tell that a
> failure isn't a problem.
>
>> I have updated libs/libraries.htm, maintainers.txt and
>> merged the latest version from trunk to my branches/release/-workspace
>> (which was no fun ... slowly and error prone).
>
> Merging is a bit of a pain but it shouldn't be that hard.

Hi Daniel,

phew, I am pretty much stressed out by my svn experience today and
unfortunately it is not yet over.

I'm using tortoise svn. The problem was that the merge operation
althougt pretty trivial (just copying the new subtree) didn't run
until completed but stopped with errors of this type:

Error: Can't move
Error: 'C:\cygwin\home\jofa\dev\boost\branches\release\libs\icl\doc\html\header\boost\icl\.svn\tmp\entries'
Error: to
Error: 'C:\cygwin\home\jofa\dev\boost\branches\release\libs\icl\doc\html\header\boost\icl\.svn\entries':
Error: Die Datei oder das Verzeichnis ist beschädigt und nicht lesbar.
Translation: >> File corrupted, not readable.
Error: Error reading spooled REPORT request response

leaving the directory in an inconsistent state that caused new errors
and tree conflicts.

Same thing now occurs as I try commiting the merge result.

Regards, Joachim