Subject: Re: [boost] [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB?
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-15 17:04:23

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:06:21 +0100, Artyom <artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi Artyom,

> [...]I hadn't used OTL too much and studied it too deep but, as first
> shot:
>
> CppDB supports MySQL, Sqlite3 and PostgreSQL natively and not via ODBC
> only.

that's true - on Unix it requires setting up an ODBC infrastructure for
these databases. This might be a K.O. criterium for developers. But then
altogether the library supports so many databases and is actively
maintained for such a long time that I would regard it as a strong
competitor to any Boost database library.

Boris