Subject: Re: [boost] [GIL] locator and cached_location_t
From: fabien.castan_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-12-16 04:24:32

Thanks for your answer.

> To answer both of your questions, I don't see any particular obstacle to adding those APIs to image_view,
> but we didn't add them because that will be a lot of methods for something that is advanced and not frequently used (cached_location).
> Not to mention it doesn't make sense to use for all image views, but only "memory-based" ones, as opposed to virtual ones, for example.
Ok for my first question. I understand the idea of not polluting the "image_view" class with something specific that can not be used in all cases.

But what about the second question: adding 2 functions inside the locator class.
The idea is to allows to get a locator or an iterator from a locator using cached_location ?
Currently we have an operator[] inside the locator class which takes a cached_location_t and returns a pixel.
It seems interesting to add x_at(const cached_location_t&) and xy_at(const cached_location_t&) versions which returns respectively iterator or locator, isn't it ?