Subject: Re: [boost] [OT] Open Source Forking and Boost (was Re: [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB?)
From: Maxim Yanchenko (maximyanchenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-21 01:37:42

Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes:

> Interesting thought. What stakeholders do you think would be willing
> to provide funding?

As a first try we could ask for donation, the same way Wikipedia does.
There is a wonderful thing in corporations, called "matching gift":
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/Match_Your_Gift/en

See how long is the list, and I believe it's far from complete.
This basically means that programmers from these corporations (users of Boost,
basically) can make monetary gifts (up to certain amount per year) to a
on-profit Boost Foundation, then corporations will just reimburse the gift
to them.
IANAL, but to me it looks like the programmers can donate to Boost for free
using this sceme.

Thanks,
Maxim