Subject: Re: [boost] [Range] begin/end ADL issues in C++0x range-based for
From: Michel MORIN (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-21 02:06:50

Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for your comment.

> I suggest you rename the feature macro to BOOST_NO_STD_BEGIN_END and put it
> in the standard library part of the configuration (boost/config/stdlib).

I don't have strong opinion about renaming, but I'd like to hear
other's opinions.

BTW, I'm beginning to think that using ADL barrier technique to boost::begin/end
is enough to solve ambiguity call problems.
This might break existing codes that rely on ADL to find boost::begin/end,
but this is so simple and does not need to define a new macro.
Furthermore, this does not need #ifdef blocks.

Regards,
Michel