Subject: [boost] [GCC 4.6] Problems catching exceptions
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-02 11:44:25

Although GCC 4.6 isn't released yet, I've been getting good results on
a non-Boost project with the weekly MinGW build.

See http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?call=fortran for the
prebuilt MinGW binaries.

When I try to run the Boost Filesystem V3 regression tests against
this build, however, all the tests fail that involve catching an
exception. These tests pass for numerous other compilers, and for
other versions of GCC.

Since 4.6 is getting close to release, I'd like to see the problem
fixed. But I don't have enough knowledge of GCC and MinGW to know
where the problem is, or whether this is already a reported bug.

Is there anyone out there who knows enough about GCC and MinGW to tell
if this bug is already known?

--Beman