Subject: Re: [boost] [GCC 4.6] Problems catching exceptions
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-03 05:46:18

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 09:03:22PM -0500, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Emil Dotchevski
> <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Thanks for running these tests Beman! Hopefully someone who knows GCC
> > will notice.
>
> It would be interesting if someone could run them on Linux. If the
> same failures appeared, it would mean the problems are in GCC itself.
> But if the tests passed on Linux, it might well mean that MinGW is the
> culprit.
>
> I can run the tests on my Linux virtual machine. But I've not had much
> luck building GCC. Does anyone have GCC 4.6 weekly snapshot built for
> Ubuntu?

I ran the test suite for Exception on FreeBSD against trunk r67606 with
gcc 4.6.0 20101225 on amd64 with only the following failure:

---
errno_test.cpp(31): test '1==*boost::get_error_info<info_errno>(x)' failed in function 'int main()'
1 error detected.
---
I cannot run the testsuite with the system compiler (4.2.1) to compare,
as the build system for some reason shoves /usr/lib32 into my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, making libc be the wrong bitness.
--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]