Subject: Re: [boost] [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB (license changed to BSL)?
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-08 04:04:45

Hello All,

Following my previous announcements of CppDB
I want to inform you that I had changed the
license to dual license BSL/MIT. MIT license
option mostly to allow using GPL MySQL connector
which does not have an exception for BSL.

So I'm still asking for interest of Boost community.

The library is not fully boostified (i.e. it does
not placed in boost namespace and does not reuse
some of boost code as it can)

But this is something very simple to fix if there
would be an interest.

I'm quoting the previous details about the library
as reminder what it was all about.

Regards,
  Artyom

Relevant Quote from previous message:
-------------------------------------

I have recently released a new SQL Connectivity library:

General
-------
Documentation : http://art-blog.no-ip.info/sql/cppdb/
Mirror Docs. : http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/sql/cppdb/
Download : https://sourceforge.net/projects/cppcms/files/cppdb/

Features
--------

- Performance is the primary goal - make fastest possible
  SQL connectivity as possible
- Transparent connection pooling support
- Transparent prepared statements caching
- Dynamic DB modules loading and optional static linking
- Full and high priority support of FOSS RDBMS: MySQL,
  PostgreSQL, Sqlite3
- Support as many RDBMSs as possible via cppdb-odbc bridge
- Simplicity in use
- Locale safety
- Support of both explicit verbose API and brief
  and nice syntactic sugar

What it is not:
---------------
This is not ORM library and not supposed to be so.

This is something similar to what JDBC gives to JDK and QtSql gives
to Qt and more.

Boost Interest

[snip]

So before I do any steps forward "Boostification"
may be it is better to make sure it gets (or even
passes the review) and then boostify the library
(which can be done very easily).