Subject: Re: [boost] status of sp_counted_base_solaris.hpp
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-10 17:48:44

Graham Bennett wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On my platform (Solaris 10 on x86 with Sun Studio 12), it picks
> sp_counted_base_spin.hpp. Unfortunately there is no actual spinlock
> implementation picked for this platform either, so it ends up with a plain
> pthread_mutex_lock/unlock, which is not ideal.

Well, in that case, to get back to your original question -
sp_counted_base_solaris.hpp should work, as far as I know; the only reason
for not using it is that we've been unable to come up with the proper
preprocessor code for including it. There are multithreaded tests in
libs/smart_ptr/test - shared_ptr_mt_test, weak_ptr_mt_test - that you can
run (in addition to the rest) as a sanity check.