Subject: Re: [boost] status of sp_counted_base_solaris.hpp
From: Graham Bennett (graham-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-12 10:22:45

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:48:44AM +0200, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Graham Bennett wrote:
>> On my platform (Solaris 10 on x86 with Sun Studio 12), it picks
>> sp_counted_base_spin.hpp. Unfortunately there is no actual spinlock
>> implementation picked for this platform either, so it ends up with a
>> plain pthread_mutex_lock/unlock, which is not ideal.
>
> Well, in that case, to get back to your original question -
> sp_counted_base_solaris.hpp should work, as far as I know; the only
> reason for not using it is that we've been unable to come up with the
> proper preprocessor code for including it. There are multithreaded tests
> in libs/smart_ptr/test - shared_ptr_mt_test, weak_ptr_mt_test - that you
> can run (in addition to the rest) as a sanity check.

I've given the unit tests a try, and unfortunately there are a lot of
test failures with sp_counted_base_solaris.hpp enabled (shared_ptr_test,
smart_ptr_test, weak_ptr_mt_test etc.). I get no failures with the
original implementation.

I will take a look to see if I can see anything obvious that would be
causing the problems.

cheers,

Graham

--