Subject: Re: [boost] [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB (license changed to BSL)?
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-10 19:09:11

On 01/10/2011 01:23 PM, Frank Mori Hess wrote:
> ... elision by patrick ...
> Just to put out an idea: it seems to me developers tend to be more
> interested in submitting libraries than doing reviews or being review
> managers. Maybe boost could balance the scales by requiring library
> submitters to either be a review manager or review a couple submissions
> from others before their library can be accepted.
I always thought of review managers as needing a demonstrated higher
level of understand of high level C++ and boost practices than someone
that hasn't gotten a library accepted would have demonstrated yet.
There are lots of people that have high levels of understanding that
haven't submitted libraries, and some of those that have gotten
libraries accepted might not be good review managers. (I swear no names
come to mind! lol) It just seems the wrong connection to make.

Patrick