Subject: Re: [boost] Development Practices (Proposal Progress)
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-11 10:36:52

At Tue, 4 Jan 2011 05:24:56 +0800,
Dean Michael Berris wrote:

> So my question would be:
>
> - What would be the best way for me to solicit feedback on a proposal
> that tweaks the current process? Is editing this wiki page the way or
> should I create a new one?

Create a new one... I don't think we want to tweak "the process." I
think we want to create an alternative process for people who are
interested in following a more modern, decoupled development model.
Eventually, if it works, the other one will die of underuse. The
thing is that you have to make sure that your proposal doesn't clash
with the way we do things now: for example, it can't create
significant new work for the release managers.

my 2c

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing