Subject: Re: [boost] [Wiki] Changes in information about gcc warnings.
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-11 09:17:15

Well, don't shoot the messenger ;-)

 I'm only reporting what it says in

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2c8f766e%28v=VS.100%29.aspx

"The compiler only supports up to 56 #pragma warning statements in a
compiland."

I'm not *quite* sure what that means either (or why even?).

But I suspect it explains why this method of warning suppression doesn't
always work.

And reinforces the view (strongly held by some) that altering the code is
the best policy.

Even that isn't always possible, but the more authors try, the less users
get overwhelmed (and alarmed) by avalanches of warning messages.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK