Subject: [boost] namespace boost?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-15 13:58:49

I'm doing a toy project which uses a lot of boost libraries. In the course
of doing this,
I'm reminded of something that has bugged me for a long time. That is the
placement of lots of
stuff inside the namespace boost.

Now that boost is the size that it is, this can become are real barrier to
making things
understandable. Currently I'm looking at range and iterator libraries - but
I'm no there are lots of offenders.

Certain names like join, zip, map, copy, etc. ... apear in multiple
libraries. I would like to use
"using namespace boost" but then I'm afraid that using something like copy
will be ambigiuos

Could we agree that the boost namespace (and directory structure) only be
used for library names. Some
time ago, I caught hell for including just a couple of functions in
boost/namespace and directory. But I see
tons of stuff in there now.

Robert Ramey