Subject: Re: [boost] GIL io_new review
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-16 09:13:25

"Domagoj Saric" <domagoj.saric_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> "Mateusz Loskot" <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> As far as I can see, implementation of your extension is Windows/Visual
>> C++-specific, so I'm not really able to do anything to run it on Linux
>> at this moment.
> Anyways the LibTIFF tile based access can now be used to rewrite my
> original
> benchmark code so that you can run it on a *NIX machine...

One thing I forgot to mention was that LibTIFF uses memory mapped files
(unless explicitly disabled) so expect high (reported) memory usage with
this test...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than