Subject: Re: [boost] namespace boost?
From: Denis Shevchenko (for.dshevchenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-18 10:48:53

18.01.2011 18:50, Stewart, Robert пишет:
>> IMHO, simple libraries (such boost::mem_fn or
>> boost::lexical_cast) which consist of a single .hpp file can
>> (or must) be placed in main 'boost' directory, so user can
>> write:
>>
>> #include<boost/mem_fn.hpp>
> -1
>
> The single header libraries still have documentation and tests which should all fall into library-specific subdirectories of their respective parents.
>
> As noted elsewhere, boost/mem_fn.hpp can still exist, but it should simply include boost/<library>/mem_fn.hpp even though the latter may be the only header in boost/<library>.
>
> Not only does this follow a consistent pattern, but it also leaves room for later additions should they appear.

Hm... Yes, you are right.
>> For more complex libraries, all .hpp files must be placed in own
>> directory (like boost::ptr_container), so user writes:
>>
>> #include<boost/ptr_container/ptr_container.hpp>
> +1
>
> Furthermore, the directory and namespace names should be identical. Thus, boost/ptr_container provides code in boost::ptr_container.

Yes, this is a good requirement, but, IMHO, this requirement should not
be *mandatory* for all libraries. But... Perhaps it should be. I think
it should be discussed in more detail. But important that as a result of
this discussion was adopted by the standard one for all.

- Denis