Subject: Re: [boost] namespace boost?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-18 11:39:50

Joachim Faulhaber wrote:
> 2011/1/18 Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]>:
> ... it is official boost guideline, for the case that your library
> exports a class that is identical with the library's name:
> http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Naming_consistency

from the above
"Here is how it works. The library is given a name that describes the
contents of the library. Cryptic abbreviations are strongly discouraged.
Following the practice of the C++ Standard Library, names are usually
singular rather than plural. For example, a library dealing with file
systems might chose the name "filesystem", but not "filesystems", "fs" or
"nicecode".

Hmmmm - I either never saw this or had forgotten about it. How is it we
have names
like kara, qi, phoenix, fusion, gil, spirit, wave and xpressive ?