Subject: Re: [boost] GIL io_new review
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-18 11:42:57

Hi Domagoj,

Domagoj Saric wrote:
> Anyways the LibTIFF tile based access can now be used to rewrite my original
> benchmark code so that you can run it on a *NIX machine...
>
> Here's the code: http://codepad.org/bKHEWPKb

As far as I can tell, that code expects the input TIFF to be in
internally-tiled format, and it creates output images whose size is the
same as the internal tiles. Is that right?

I may have lost track of what you're trying to do here, but that's not
what my original example was doing. I don't think I've ever seen an
internally-tiled TIFF "in the wild", even in applications where it
seems the most appropriate format e.g. large maps. Even when the input
does have this form, the tile size will not in general match the
required output tile size.

I mean to offer you some code to compare against for benchmarking, but
this is complicated by the fact that most of my existing code is
entangled with other things.

Regards, Phil.