Subject: Re: [boost] Review Process [was: [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB (license changed to BSL)?]
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-18 19:14:02

2011/1/18 Gordon Woodhull <gordon_at_[hidden]>:

> On Jan 18, 2011, at 4:30 AM, Joachim Faulhaber <afojgo_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> And the vision that was planted in my brain
>> Still remains
>> Within the sound of silence . . .
>>
>> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/05/166423.php
>
> Right now it's suggested but not required that authors participate in reviews before submitting libraries. If this were required, and esp if authors had worked as review manager assistants, this would help make sure that they understand the review process before submitting (as well as helping to unlock the review queue).

+1,

and thanks for helping to unlock the review process of Robert
Kawulak's Constrained Value library as *the first* Review Manager
Assistant of Boost :)

Library contributors look at other libraries and their jorney through
the review process anyway. So it'll be not too much additional effort
to do the job as review manager assistant, which brings more benefits:

* Submitter and RMA can be a team which may improve the library development.
* The RMA establishes himself as someone who not only promotes his own
project but also contributes for someone else.
* The RMA thouroughly learns the requirements for Boost libraries and
other aspects of the review process that will help with his own
project.

Ciao,
Joachim

--