Subject: Re: [boost] namespace boost?
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-19 11:43:29

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 19-1-2011 17:19, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> At Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:58:09 +0800,
>> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>>>
>>> Although cpp-netlib
>>> is there, I'm just not that creative to come up with an alternate name
>>> for it. :D
>>
>> cpp-net? :-)
>
> For a library not (yet) in boost, cpp-netlib is appropriate.
>
> As soon as it is in boost, Boost.Net?

I like that. :) I shall credit you with the name suggestion. :D

> We had the same thing, ggl (generic geometry library) became Boost.Geometry
> because both generic and library were redundant.

Interesting.

I wonder how Spirit did it though, was it called Spirit outside of
Boost to start with and just retained the name? Also, PP is an
acronym, was that "grandfathered in"? MPL, GIL, and MPI are acronyms
too.

--
Dean Michael Berris
about.me/deanberris