Subject: Re: [boost] [process] Arguments and Context concepts
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-19 17:59:40

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:58:21 +0100, Vicente Botet
<vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi Vicente,

> Where can I find the concept behind the template parameters Arguments and
> Context in
>

> template<typename Arguments, typename Context>
> child create_child(const std::string & executable, Arguments args,
> Context ctx);

it should be possible to use any container for Arguments as long as its
elements are std::strings. The flexibility regarding Context is more
theoretical (you basically have to copy boost::process::context and can't
leave anything out).

In early versions of the library one of the goals was to support multiple
string types. In practice nothing but std::string ever worked. There were
once also multiple context classes when the library shipped
platform-specific classes for POSIX and Windows. As of today
create_child() heavily depends on boost::process::context though.

HTH,
Boris