Subject: Re: [boost] [assert][lightweight_test] Quick review of proposed changes
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-23 12:32:06

Beman Dawes wrote:

> BOOST_ENABLE_ASSERT_MSG_HANDLER enables a separate error handler.

I think that the existing BOOST_ENABLE_ASSERT_HANDLER should control the
behavior of BOOST_ASSERT_MSG as well. It's very unlikely that users will
want one of the macros to go to their own handler, and the other to keep
calling std::abort, and in the current implementation, this is what will
happen silently in existing projects that already define
BOOST_ENABLE_ASSERT_HANDLER. I suspect that such users will prefer a
link-time error, alerting them to the presence of BOOST_ASSERT_MSG macros in
the program.

> * Messages are now sent do BOOST_LIGHTWEIGHT_TEST_OSTREAM

I'm sorry if I missed the explanation for it... what is the use case of this
feature?

> http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/assert.html
> http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/assert_test.cpp
> http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/lightweight_test.hpp

You should add your name to the copyright.