Subject: Re: [boost] [V1.46][Spirit] request for late minute changes to release branch
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-25 02:28:06

On Tuesday, January 25, 2011 04:05:22 Eric Niebler wrote:

> ... pull the docs and poison the broken headers. But
> you didn't like the answer, so you asked, "Really?" And when you still
> didn't hear the answer you wanted, you went ahead and made your changes
> anyway. This is a serious breach of protocol. We can't have people
> making the changes that make them feel good willy-nilly just before a
> release. C'mon, you know better than this. Please don't do that again,
> or your changes will be reverted.

Eric,

technical and process issues aside, it seems to me that your reply has gone in
the direction of personal attack. It seems to me that Hartmut was acting in
good faith, and therefore we should be talking about how to improve process
(e.g. publishing your mobile number on boost.org, and I'm not kidding), rather
then threatening to start a revert war or apply technical measures to prevent
commits.

> > All tests (those, which caught up) are green, which makes me believe we
> > did the right thing.
>
> (cc'ing the other release managers)
>
> Hartmut, you had your answer from the release managers,

Most of which, I presume, were just now CCed on this thread?

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus
Mentor Graphics