Subject: Re: [boost] [V1.46] [Iterator] Ask for release notes modification
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-25 08:51:49

On Jan 25, 2011, at 4:49 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Michel MORIN <mimomorin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have some comments on the Boost 1.46 release notes for Boost.Iterator.
>> (http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/beta/feed/history/boost_1_46_0.qbk)
>>
>> Here are the release notes for Boost.Iterator:
>>
>> * fixed problem with `implicit_cast`
>> ([@https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3645 #3645])
>> * added `function_input_iterator`
>> ([@https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2893 #2893])
>> * `transform_iterator` now uses `boost::result_of` to determine
>> functor result type
>> ([@https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1427 #1427])
>>
>> The first item seems OK :)
>>
>> The second item needs to be deleted, since `function_input_iterator` is not
>> merged into release branch.

I applied this patch to the trunk.
The test results look fine - but there really needs to be some tests for it.

IMHO, this is a "new feature", rather than a "bug fix", and if I had done the merge two weeks ago,
it would be a good thing to have in the release.

My bad.

Right now, I'm thinking that it's very late in the release cycle to be adding new functionality.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki