Subject: Re: [boost] [V1.46] [Iterator] Ask for release notes modification
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-26 07:06:32

On 25/01/2011 14:51, Marshall Clow wrote:

> I applied this patch to the trunk.
> The test results look fine - but there really needs to be some tests for it.
>
> IMHO, this is a "new feature", rather than a "bug fix", and if I had done the merge two weeks ago,
> it would be a good thing to have in the release.
>
> My bad.
>
> Right now, I'm thinking that it's very late in the release cycle to be adding new functionality.

I see two alternatives:
- either the fact that transform_iterator uses boost::result_of is
removed from the release branch
- or the release branch is fixed so that the feature is not buggy.

Shipping new features that do not work is a bit silly.
In this particular case, the fix seems trivial, so why not just merge it
on the release branch?