Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2011 - Do we need to starting thinking about it?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-25 11:52:21

That's a bit disappointing - to Boost, as well as you.

Did you feel that you spent too much time cutting code?

And/or too little producing documentation, examples and other things that
would 'sell' the project and get enough users with experience enough to get
to a review?

I suspect that any projects have far, far to big ambitions, when what we
probably most want out of a project is a *finished* job.

To achieve this, IMO we need to

* Emphasise the need to finish.

* Reduce significant the size of what's bitten off.

* Make sure that little time is wasted getting over the
Boost_way_of_doing_things (high) hurdle. A project template would help
here, and especially a template for documentation using the Quickbook,
Doxygen chain. Without these we will end up with something that can't be
reviewed or maintained.

(A GSoC project might even be creating those templates?)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK