Subject: Re: [boost] [context] new version with stack-allocator
From: Oliver Kowalke (k-oli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-25 12:27:25

Am 25.01.2011 17:39, schrieb Charlls Quarra:
> thanks for this change! i was precisely going to require passing a custom allocator to this (for a severely constrained system).
>
> just a question: Does the code relies on the 'standarese' assumption that allocators have to be stateless? the reason why i ask is because some of my code relies on allocators being stateful objects (yeah i know, break the standard and you are on your known, yadda yadda), hence it's ok if you do but i would like to know
>
> -Charles

the restrictions on the allocator are:
  - must be copyable
  - functions allocate() and deallocate() must not throw (allocate()
should return zero instead)

so - the allocator can be state-full and can shared between several
contexts/fiber etc. You could implement an allocator managing a pool of
stack-space.

so long, Oliver