Subject: Re: [boost] [V1.46] [Iterator] Ask for release notes modification
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-27 08:11:04

On 26 January 2011 23:56, Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I think the right thing to do is probably to make it use
> boost::result_of<const UnaryFunction(typename
> std::iterator_traits<Iterator>::reference)> on the trunk, fix the doc, check
> the tests still pass on all expected targets, then merge it to release
> unless the release manager disagrees.

I think it's too late for that, we're being quite strict about new
changes on the release branch. It'd be better to revert the change on
the release branch (probably after the beta, see what response John
gets on his thread about the pathscale changes) and then do it
properly in the next release. I assume this should be fairly easy to
revert, it seems orthogonal to other changes. Appropriate changes to
the documentation are fine.

Daniel