Subject: Re: [boost] [V1.46] [Iterator] Ask for release notes modification
From: Michel MORIN (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-27 09:12:24

Daniel James wrote:
> On 26 January 2011 23:56, Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I think the right thing to do is probably to make it use
>> boost::result_of<const UnaryFunction(typename
>> std::iterator_traits<Iterator>::reference)> on the trunk, fix the doc, check
>> the tests still pass on all expected targets, then merge it to release
>> unless the release manager disagrees.
>
> I think it's too late for that, we're being quite strict about new
> changes on the release branch. It'd be better to revert the change on
> the release branch (probably after the beta, see what response John
> gets on his thread about the pathscale changes) and then do it
> properly in the next release.

+1
I'm very happy if the feature will be shipped in Boost 1.46, but it's too late.

So, IMHO, the way to go is

1. Revert transform_iterator's result_of support.
(And delete the corresponding item in the release notes for Boost 1.46.)

2. Ask the authors whether the transform_iterator's documentation is incorrect.
(Dave, could you comment on this problem?)

3. Trunk fixed. (Patches are attached in ticket #5127.)

4. Merged into release branch for Boost 1.47.

P.S.
I set the milestone of the following ticket to Boost 1.47.
#5127 (Documentation of transform_iterator is incorrect)

Regards,
Michel