Subject: Re: [boost] [string] proposal
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-28 12:55:57

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Stewart, Robert <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>>
>> Am I the only person seeing the problem with strings being mutable? (I
>> honestly really want to know).
>
> No, but I hadn't thought about it before this discussion.  Your descriptions of the lazy transformations and views were perfect to show the value of your idea.
>
> Perhaps you should present this as BoostCon (if there's still time to submit a proposal)!

I think the keynote speaker -- Mr. Boehm -- would do perfectly to talk
about how they implemented rope. :)

Besides, the cost of going to BoostCon from where I am is a bit
prohibitive to say the least. Maybe if things change in between now
and a couple weeks from now I might be able to make that trip. Thanks
for the suggestion. :D

--
Dean Michael Berris
about.me/deanberris