Subject: Re: [boost] Process discussions
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-31 03:42:39

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Maybe I suggest that for some time, we outright ban freeform discussion about
> process, and instead, we restrict them to threads started by a Boost developers
> and saying this: "I am maintainer of X, and had N commits and M trac changes
> in the last year. I most hate P1, P2 and P3. I would propose that we use T1,
> T2, and T3 to fix that". Then, everybody could join to suggest better
> way of fixing P1, P2 and P3 -- without making up other supposed problems.
>
> Thoughts?

Not to sound like a sour grape, but this is precisely the attitude
that makes the Boost project so unwelcoming. Sometimes I wonder why I
personally even bother trying to contribute. That said probably my not
being here at all wouldn't even be missed if we just count the commits
and ignore the bug reports, patches, helping out the people with
issues, people who submit reviews, people who provide feedback, those
that try to get Boost adopted in more projects and situations, etc.

Maybe I just come from a generation which largely don't hold back what
we think or that I am just really vocal about issues.

That said then, I'm done with this. Have a good one everyone.

--
Dean Michael Berris
about.me/deanberris