Subject: Re: [boost] Process discussions
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-31 04:35:52

>> Maybe I suggest that for some time, we outright ban freeform discussion
>> about
>> process, and instead, we restrict them to threads started by a Boost
>> developers
>> and saying this: "I am maintainer of X, and had N commits and M trac
>> changes
>> in the last year. I most hate P1, P2 and P3. I would propose that we use
>> T1,
>> T2, and T3 to fix that". Then, everybody could join to suggest better
>> way of fixing P1, P2 and P3 -- without making up other supposed problems.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> Not to sound like a sour grape, but this is precisely the attitude
> that makes the Boost project so unwelcoming. Sometimes I wonder why I
> personally even bother trying to contribute.

Ugh?

I think the thing is this: most folks around here just don't really care
about tools - they really don't - they just want to "get stuff done".

Please bare in mind too that if the effort that has been expended on this
discussion had been expended on bug fixing instead, we could have got an
awful lot done...

John.