Subject: [boost] [1.46.0 beta 1] [SourceForge] Testing beta from SourceForge (was: mirror sync system broken)
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 09:21:12

2011/2/1 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> The SourceForge mirror sync system has broken down. Other projects are
>> affected, not just Boost.
>>
>> The files up there are probably good and the download problems should
>> clear once the mirrors are synced again, the S/F folks say.
>>
>> Some projects say their files are back online, but as of a few minutes
>> ago the Boost stuff still seemed broken and/or running so slowly as to
>> be effectively broken.
>
> SourceForge downloads seems to be working much better. I did a
> download of the .7z file and got the correct checksum. A second mirror
> has come back online and the download speed was reasonable.

I have successfully downloaded boost_1_46_0_beta1.7z from sourceforge
and built it on ms-windows7 with msvc-9 and 10.

I checked the general documentation roughly and ICL docs in more
detail and did some tests. Everything worked well so far. The only
issue I found was this:

The link to "Release History" in boost_root/index.html:
http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_46_0
does not exist: Error 404 (not found)

Joachim