Subject: Re: [boost] [1.46.0 beta 1] [SourceForge] Testing beta from SourceForge (was: mirror sync system broken)
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 14:03:30

On Feb 2, 2011, at 6:21 AM, Joachim Faulhaber wrote:

> 2011/2/1 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
>> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> The SourceForge mirror sync system has broken down. Other projects are
>>> affected, not just Boost.
>>>
>>> The files up there are probably good and the download problems should
>>> clear once the mirrors are synced again, the S/F folks say.
>>>
>>> Some projects say their files are back online, but as of a few minutes
>>> ago the Boost stuff still seemed broken and/or running so slowly as to
>>> be effectively broken.
>>
>> SourceForge downloads seems to be working much better. I did a
>> download of the .7z file and got the correct checksum. A second mirror
>> has come back online and the download speed was reasonable.
>
> I have successfully downloaded boost_1_46_0_beta1.7z from sourceforge
> and built it on ms-windows7 with msvc-9 and 10.

I have successfully downloaded boost_1_46_0_beta1.tar.bz2 from sourceforge
and built it on Mac OS X with gcc 4.2.1 and clang TOT.

[ Lots of warnings, especially from clang, but no errors ]

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki