Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.MPI] Native MPI implementation not working with Boost MPI
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-06 18:09:28

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 01:23:22AM +0530, Arpan Sen wrote:
> I have been trying to use Open MPI v1.5.1 with Boost MPI v1.45.0 but there
> are linkage issues when I am trying to build the final executable.
>
> Has anyone used Open MPI with Boost MPI? If yes, what have been your
> versions? How did you build Open MPI sources -- did you use any specific
> options? The same problem happens again when I try use Microsoft MPI from
> their HPC Cluster Pack.

I believe that the precompiled Boost release that BoostPro provides is
built against the HPC Cluster Pack. Have you've tried using their (1.44)
binaries?

> Also I keep getting unresolved symbols like _ompi_mpi_char, _ompi_mpi_byte
> during the linking. Any idea what's causing this?

During the linking of Boost.MPI while building it or when linking your
code? If the latter, you probably need to link your MPI implementation
as well.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]