Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Moving beyond arm waving?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-06 21:59:05

On 2/6/2011 8:17 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Rene Rivera<grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 2/2/2011 9:44 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>>>
>>> Comments?
>>
>> Could someone put together a guide as to how to install TortoiseGit
>> successfully and minimally?
>
> See https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Git/InstallTortoiseGit
>
> This was done hurriedly, but should be at least close.

I eventually figured it out with help from some kind #boost IRC people.
But you should mention in the guide that one needs to get the
"Git-1.**.exe" download. As the rest are for doing development of Git
itself. And in case anyone is curious that install contains:

* Approximately 72 executables, including: bash, perl, tcl, tk, ssh,
bison, bzip2, vim, rxvt, tar, and many more.

* 88 DLLs

* A bunch of help files, as HTML, which is good I guess. But I would
have preferred having the option to not install them.

* A total of 2,578 files in 222 directories.

For a total install size of 172MB, and then adding the 18MB for
TurtoiseGit, makes for a 190MB footprint.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything