Subject: Re: [boost] Using Boost without confusing Intellisense
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-09 15:05:22

[Matthew Chambers]
> my goal is to keep Intellisense and benefit from it!

Intellisense was completely reimplemented between 2008 and 2010. They threw away FEACP, a flaky mutant build of our real C++ front-end C1XX, and replaced it with EDG's front-end, which is renowned for its conformance. As a result, Boost shouldn't confuse Intellisense anymore.

I suggest upgrading to 2010 immediately. If you encounter any remaining problems, please report them immediately - our Intellisense team is very diligent about fixing differences between C1XX and EDG. (I speak from experience, since the STL's implementation involves compiler-stressing code, although not as much as Boost!)

Stephan T. Lavavej
Visual C++ Libraries Developer