Subject: Re: [boost] Patch to make code_converter flushable
From: Alec Ross (alec_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-09 18:03:54

In message <1297291490.10578.7.camel_at_localhost>, Eddie Carle
<eddie_at_[hidden]> writes
>On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:35:56 -0700, Eddie Carle wrote:
>> I've attached a little patch that makes iostreams::code_converter
>> flushable. It seems like it really should be. Is there any chance
>> someone could look at this? I've included some test code as well that
>> outputs the following.
>
>Is anyone actually interested in this? I've been working on moving the
>fastcgi++ library over to boost iostreams but unless this patch is
>applied I cannot actually do so. One cannot derive from
>iostreams::code_converter to make it flushable because the necessary
>components are private and not protected.
>
>Is there any chance whatsoever of getting this patch applied or am I
>just wasting my time?

I guess that putting the library name, [bracketed] in the subject line,
as per:

http://www.boost.org/community/policy.html

might assist in getting the attention of those interested in this.

HTH,
Alec

--
Alec Ross