Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] extension has_operator_xxx - cv qualifiers and references
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-10 08:40:56

On 2/10/2011 8:08 AM, Vicente Botet wrote:

> Frédéric Bron wrote:
>>
>>> Who knows how to run the tests in the sandbox on windows with msvc?
>>> Or who could test for us?
>>
>> I have made some progress:
>> using the following user-config.jam:
>> using msvc : 10.0 : :
>> <compileflags>"\"-ID:\\Softs\\Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 10.0\\VC\\include\""
>> <compileflags>"\"-ID:\\sandbox\\type_traits\""
>> <compileflags>"\"-ID:\\Softs\\1.5\\mgw-release\\boost\\include\""
>> ;
>>
>> But the linker says it cannot find msvcprtd.lib.
>> I would like to say to the linker to look in D:\Softs\Microsoft Visual
>> Studio 10.0\VC\lib for libraries.
>> How do I say that in user-config.jam?
>>

> Hi,
>
> as a possible user/tester of the library I would prefer if the library
> package contains only the new files so we can decompress them directly on
> the boost root system. If the name of the directory was specific this could
> be even easier (e.g. why not movie temporary all your new files to a
> specific directory "operators")

One should be able to test a sandbox library within its own sandbox
directory. I think it is a fault of the Boost Build system that it does
not automatically place the compiler include flag for the sandbox
library before the compiler include flag for a Boost distribution when
executing the compiler's command line and BOOST_ROOT ( or BOOST ) points
to a Boost distribution.