Subject: Re: [boost] TTI library updated in the sandbox
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-10 11:05:32

On 2/10/2011 10:37 AM, Vicente Botet wrote:

> Edward Diener-3 wrote:
>>
>> On 2/8/2011 5:47 PM, Vicente Botet wrote:
>>>

>>> Edward Diener-3 wrote:
>>> P.S. I would prefer that the library uses already standard Boost
>>> conventions
>>> for filenames, macros and namespaces (boost::tti)
>>
>> I have held off putting anything into the Boost namespace or prepending
>> BOOST_ to macro names until that time when the library would be reviewed
>> for inclusion into Boost.
>>

> The problem is if I use your library, which I expect will be accepted soon,
> for another library I'm preparing for Boost, I will need to change the
> interface at least for the macros when the library will be accepted. This
> will not be a big work, but if it can be avoided ...

I am glad you feel my library will be accepted soon. It is encouraging
to hear. I will ask for a review as soon as I feel it is complete. In
that case, however, I need to first ask for a review of my
variadic_macro_data library, which is complete, since the TTI library
depends on the variadic_macro_data library if one chooses to use the
variadic macros in TTI.

I do understand that using Boost in the namespace names and macros makes
it easier for a dependent library, but I always thought that one should
not do this until a library is accepted. Perhaps I am wrong about that,
in which case I can easily change things. Is there any official Boost
policy about whether a potential Boost library should use boost:: as a
top-level namespace and BOOST_ as a macro preface before the library
becomes part of Boost itself ?

>> As far as filenames are concerned, I am not aware of any Boost
>> conventions which apply.
>>

> Please take a look at http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html

I will change the header names to all lower case and separate the parts
of the names with an underscore ( _ ) in the next release of TTI. Thanks
for alerting me to this.