Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] Brainstorming [WAS: Subject: Formal Review of Proposed Boost.Process library starts tomorrow]
From: Oliver Kowalke (k-oli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-14 13:36:02

Am 14.02.2011 19:19, schrieb Klaim - Joël Lamotte:
>> About the initial question, I've always thought that Boost.Process would
>>> provide :
>>> 1. A cross-platform way to manipulate processes (child processes)
>>> including
>>> managing their "life-time".
>>>

>> 'Managing life-time' means stop, continue, kill children?
>>

> Yes.

This was what I was requesting too but I got no answer from Boris.
At least on POSIX we need a framework which deals with sending signals
and async. handling of delivered signals (not only SIGCHLD).

Because we have no conclusion how this should be handled by
boost.process in this review - I suggest that this facility should be
implemented by another library.
boost.process could provide code for waiting synchronously on a child
process (waitpid) - for this purpose the sync. wait could be done in a
separate thread and the result will be transfered via a future == async.
waiting on child process.