Subject: Re: [boost] [config] request for BOOST_NO_FWD_STD_DECLARATION
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-19 13:37:33

El 17/02/2011 0:07, Howard Hinnant escribió:
> On Feb 16, 2011, at 5:51 PM, Christopher Jefferson wrote:
>> No, with templates you only get to declare the default parameters
>> once, so you must not put them on. if you do, including the real
>> std header later doesn't compile.
>
> Right.

Sorry for the mistake, it's a real pity that we can't use container
predeclarations to declare something like:

void func(const std::vector<int> &inputs);

> The best way to address this issue is to bring it to the LWG. Bring
> performance impact measurements.

Yes. I think there is need for this, having to include a lot of std
headers to declare a function with a std::string const reference as
input parameter is a bit too much. In the meantime Boost could offer
compiler-ABI-dependent predeclarations, but for standard predeclaration
headers I think they should also offer default parameters.

Best,

Ion