Subject: Re: [boost] [BGL] Contribute to the Boost Graph Library
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-22 11:40:04

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Camillo Anania wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I used BGL for around 6 months for my thesis (write a routing
> algorithm). I highly appreciate the BGL and I'm glad someone did it
> and generously gives their time to maintain/improve it.
>
> So now I would like to contribute to the development of the library
> and so give back something.
>
> Just a brief introduction to my profile:
>
> - a bachelor and a master in Computer Engineering
> - six months of experience using the BGL
> - good knowledge of C++
> - great wish to improve my programming skills and master generic
> programming technique
>
> Can you please indicate me the steps I should do to start to actively
> help the development process?

What do you want to do to help? We are always happy to accept code
contributions, and we will work with you to do code reviews and such to
get code ready to commit. Are there any particular algorithms for data
structures you are interested in working on? There are some project lists
at https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/GraphVersion2 and
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2010#Boost.Graph, but do not feel
limited to those.

-- Jeremiah Willcock