Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] [Review] Phoenix V3: Mini-review starts February 20th
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-23 10:47:01

<hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]>wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Thomas Heller worked hard to address the outstanding issues of the
> > original Phoenix review. He ported Phoenix to Boost.Proto. As mandated
> > by the original Boost review, we will conduct a mini-review of his
> > Phoenix V3 library.
> >
> > This mini-review starts today, February 20th, 2011 and ends on March
> > 2nd, 2011.
> >

> > I really hope to see your participation in the discussions on the Boost
> > mailing lists!
> >
> > Regards Hartmut
> > Review Manager
>
> Hi,
>
> I am making a comparison between PhoenixV2 and PhoenixV3 documentation to
> realize what features were added. Is there a "What's new" page to
> indicate these differences?

No there is no such page, unfortunately.
The "front-end" was unchanged, except that boost::function uses the
result_of (1) protocol.
Other changes are mostly in the backend, due to the port to Boost.Proto the
almost everything behind the scenes changed. I tried to document that in the
"Inside Phoenix" section in the documentation. This includes the extension
mechanisms (meta_grammar, and Actions).

> On the other hand, I read some comments in the Boost mailing list about
> the possibility of Lisp Macro Capability using PhoenixV3. Are there
> examples and documentation of this?

Not yet, I will deliver one ASAP.