Subject: Re: [boost] type traits not in boost.type_traits
From: Frédéric Bron (frederic.bron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-26 04:21:00

> Have you looked for compound traits in other libraries that could be added to TypeTraits for convenience?  That is, if it is very common to combine certain traits, then a single trait that captures the compound would simplify a good deal of code.

No I have not.
what about is_voidstar? I am using this a lot in my addition.
Would it be meaningful to add this?

I checked a bit more for duplicates:
* these are duplicate:
  . boost/detail/has_default_constructor.hpp and
boost/type_traits/has_trivial_constructor.hpp
  . boost/type_traits/is_float.hpp and
boost/type_traits/is_floating_point.hpp (is_float is not in the
documentation)

* these would be nice to have in type_traits
  . boost/mpl/has_xxx.hpp
  . boost/mpl/math/is_even.hpp
  . boost/icl/type_traits/is_container.hpp
  . boost/icl/type_traits/is_numeric.hpp

* are these duplicates?
  . boost/ptr_container/detail/is_convertible.hpp and
boost/ptr_container/detail/is_convertible.hpp
  . boost/icl/type_traits/is_discrete.hpp and boost/type_traits/is_scalar.hpp
  . boost/preprocessor/facilities/is_empty.hpp and
boost/type_traits/is_empty.hpp
  . is_member_function_pointer.hpp in boost/function_types and boost/type_traits
  . is_member_object_pointer.hpp in boost/function_types and boost/type_traits
  . is_member_pointer.hpp in boost/function_types and boost/type_traits

* will be part of the type trait extension
  . boost/detail/is_incrementable.hpp ->
has_operator_prefix_increment<T> and has_operator_postfix_increment<T>
  . boost/exception/detail/is_output_streamable.hpp ->
has_operator_left_shift<OStream, T>

Frédéric