Subject: Re: [boost] type traits not in boost.type_traits
From: Vicente Botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-26 09:03:47

Frédéric Bron wrote:

>> Have you looked for compound traits in other libraries that could be
>> added to TypeTraits for convenience?  That is, if it is very common to
>> combine certain traits, then a single trait that captures the compound
>> would simplify a good deal of code.
>
> No I have not.
> what about is_voidstar? I am using this a lot in my addition.
> Would it be meaningful to add this?

What is expected for is_voidstar, is_void_ptr?

> * these would be nice to have in type_traits
> . boost/mpl/has_xxx.hpp

This should be taken in account by Boost.TTI

> . boost/mpl/math/is_even.hpp

This has a sens only for integral types. I don't see the need to move it to
type_traits. BTW, where these math extensions are documented?

> . boost/icl/type_traits/is_container.hpp

Agree.

> . boost/icl/type_traits/is_numeric.hpp

This seems similar to is_arithmetic but has some particularities.

> * are these duplicates?
> . boost/ptr_container/detail/is_convertible.hpp and
> boost/ptr_container/detail/is_convertible.hpp

Here it was you that make the duplication ;-) I guess you are talking of
boost/type_traits/is_convertible.hpp. I suspect that this is a duplication,
but it is not public. Maybe Ion can use the one provided by type_traits.

> . boost/preprocessor/facilities/is_empty.hpp and
> boost/type_traits/is_empty.hpp

boost/preprocessor/facilities/is_empty.hpp define BOOST_PP_IS_EMPTY. Have
you seen the contents of the files you are listing here or you expected
someone as me to make the analysis :(?

Best,
Vicente