Subject: [boost] [1.46.1] Should we try for a point release?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-27 10:28:47

>From my viewpoint, the process of putting together a release is now
smooth enough that I'm willing to do a point release, but...

(1) Do we have enough fixes that will be ready by, say, a week from
today to make a point release worthwhile?

(2) We would need to be sure that we have a procedure that ensures
that fixes for the point release don't get dropped from the next full
release.

(3) The C++ committee meets March 21-26 in Madrid. That means there's
about three weeks, say March 14 - April 3, where those of us,
including me, going to that meeting will be too tied up for Boost
work. That why (1) says "a week from today".

--Beman