Subject: Re: [boost] [1.46.1] Should we try for a point release?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-27 23:27:34

On 2/27/2011 10:28 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>>From my viewpoint, the process of putting together a release is now
> smooth enough that I'm willing to do a point release, but...
>
> (1) Do we have enough fixes that will be ready by, say, a week from
> today to make a point release worthwhile?

I have Proto fixes in trunk I'd like to ship. I know there's a Fusion
problem that causes compile problems on msvc 8 and 7.1. Yeah, there are
a number of problems we could correct.

> (2) We would need to be sure that we have a procedure that ensures
> that fixes for the point release don't get dropped from the next full
> release.

Why wouldn't we just use the normal release branch? Then the changes
would only need to be made once.

> (3) The C++ committee meets March 21-26 in Madrid. That means there's
> about three weeks, say March 14 - April 3, where those of us,
> including me, going to that meeting will be too tied up for Boost
> work. That why (1) says "a week from today".

Ya.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing